Goin down the road feeling bad...
Well cowpokes, it's that time, at last... last chance for sasparilla for the next 200 miles...The first vinyl record I bought was RUBEN AND THE JETS, by The Mothers of Invention, back in 1969. The last vinyl record I bought was something by Beck which I have mislaid, maybe 4 years ago.
I have gotten rid of a lot of my vinyl records over the years--traded or sold--leaving me with only about 250 albums. Most are rock 'n roll, I guess. Got a lotta jazz, too, several classical albums and a pretty good assortment of bluegrass.
A lot of my records are rare. I have that Blind Faith album, you know, the one with the totally high naked girl holding the hood ornament to a 49 Chevy in her hands? Got it.
Now it's time for me and my vinyl records to say goodbye. I'm tired of toting them around and I guess I'm old enough to be willing to part with them now. I have made a commitment NOT ever to need to store anything again, except for my Christmas ornaments, so there's no way I'm going to store these records to hand down to my grandkids.
Anyway, the covers are all only in fair to good condition. Flood, schlepping, rubbing and cats sharpening claws on spines have taken their toll.
However, most of the platters themselves are in excellent to near-mint condition. It was my habit, whenever I bought a record, to immediately tape it on reel to reel or cassette and play that version of it only, keeping the vinyl for a master.
Want my list? Email me here and I will send it. I've got some really good, very cool stuff.




<< Home