Saturday, July 30, 2005

BOYCOTT AirAmerica RADIO

Well, if there was ever a reason to become a conspiracy theorist, this has to be it.

I've only been listening to AirAmerica for a few months, but I've been heartened by it. They are every bit as hyperbolic as Rush Limbaugh and as rabid as Karl Rove, but they bring a whole different voice to the issues.

As of Thursday, 7/28, they've added Jerry Springer.

No serious, dedicated, positive force in broadcasting could possible give air to Jerry Springer, after all the years of irresponsible, dishonest, peurile, sensationalistic television he contributed to the dumbing down of America.

I don't care if he's a Democrat (I'm NOT, so why would that appeal to me, or to any free thinker who votes with an independent mind and heart?) or mayor or born-again radical. It is just so typical of everything that's wrong with America that the most negative forces are rehabilitated for entertainment's sake. Murderers get interviewed, write books, embezzlers get away with it all, criminals make deals and are given tributes in movies, or walk out of courtrooms, guilty as sin but free as birds.

Ah, hell with it. I'm not going to rant on. If you're smart, you already know what I mean.

But I am turning AirAmerica OFF, and I have written to them informing them so. I'm sure they won't shed a tear. They'll probably have a laugh about how upset I am. They are now part of the problem and I won't support them ever again.

They have betrayed me and every other one of their listeners, and for what? What's up, Al? How is AirAmerica now a better choice than the O'Reilly Factor? It's all the same crap, all about ratings and cultural obedience and leading lambs to the slaughter. Was this just a dog and pony show, you and Bill?

You KNOW the power of the media, the power of radio, and the influence of AirAmerica.

Thanks for guaranteeing us another four years of the Bush Reich (same sheep, different clothing).

I'm done.